These are some of the Managed Care Organizations with which I am an in-network contracted provider.
It's not a complete list.
To confirm that I am a provider in your network, call member services of your plan and give them my National Provider Identification Number, also known as NPI: 1962522086.
NOTE: Even if I am not directly contracted with your plan, many plans will still allow you to access services with me as an out-of-network provider. In some of these cases, the terms of your benefits may be different than if you were seeing an in-network provider. And in some cases, they will allow me to join your network on the fly. It never hurts to ask.
Sometimes insurance companies change their names and their organizational structure, so if you don't see your plan below, please feel free to call me if you need help determining the extent to which your plan will cover my services. Members are ultimately responsible for knowing the terms of their plan, but I'm happy to help if I can.
Please also know that some plans do not cover relationship problems or "marriage counseling." To use these plans, you would need to access my services as "outpatient mental health" and our therapy together would need to be based on what the insurance companies call "medical necessity". So, even though my license includes the words Marriage Family Therapist, we will be doing Individual Psychotherapy (CPT [Current Procedural Terminology] Code 90837 or 90834) or Family Psychotherapy with Patient Present (CPT Code 90847). I am including all of this terminology because sometimes it helps to know these terms when speaking with your insurance representative. Again, feel free to contact me if you need any help understanding the implications of these terms or navigating what therapist Barbara Griswold calls The Insurance Maze.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield BCBS *
- CBA Blue
- Catamount Blue
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Magellan - manages some Blue Cross Blue Shield plans
- VT Medicaid, including VHAP and other programs
- MVP Health Care
- CIGNA, including CIGNA Behavioral Health and Tufts Health Plan
- United HealthCare
- UBH - United Behavioral Health, includes OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions, and Harvard Pilmrim Health Care
- Coventry Health Care, formerly First Health, which includes First Health Network, which is sometimes managed by Consolidated Health Plans (CPH)
- TRICARE (Health Net Federal Services)
- MHN - Managed Health Network, Inc., a Health Net Company
- Aetna, includes Chickering Student Health Plan
- CBA/EBPA CompNet
- BHS - Behavioral Health Systems
- Corphealth / LifeSynch (a Humana Company)
- Managed Care Concepts
- MHNet Behavioral Health
- Multiplan (includes former Private Health Care Systems (PHSCS)
- APS Healthcare
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan)
- Horizon Health
- CIGNA, including CIGNA Behavioral Health
- Wellpoint (EAP for Anthem)
- FEI Behavioral Health
- Interface EAP
- ESI Employee Assistance Group, Employee Services EAP, Longview Employee Services
- New Directions Behavioral Health
- Invest EAP
* NOTE: Even though I am a provider with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Network across the United States, there are some plans (e.g., BCBS of Alabama) that do not cover some services rendered by clinicians with my particular license; therefore, it is important to confirm the terms of your plan.